Therapeutic massage is exactly what it sounds like — it is therapy for your body, your well-being, and overall wellness. Therapeutic massage incorporates a variety of advanced techniques that enhance the body’s natural restorative functioning. The proper touch relaxes muscles, releases tension, increases blood and lymph circulation, and fosters a cathartic sense of calm. Therapeutic massage can be used as a collaborative, supportive addition to conventional medical treatment of illness and injury, alleviating pain and stress, aiding soft tissue healing, and revitalizing the body. Regular massage can enhance your physical and mental health by receiving its benefits consistently. It is an all-encompassing treatment for the body/mind/spirit.
Research has shown that therapeutic massage techniques may be helpful in the following conditions:
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression: promotes relaxation response, enhances coping mechanisms, reduces symptoms of anxiety, depression, and stress disorders
- Pain control: fibromyalgia, arthritis, sciatica, headaches, childbirth
- Chronic lung disease: increases respiratory function and decreases anxiety
- Digestive: adjunctive therapy to the treatment of chronic constipation
- Injuries: overuse and repetitive strain injuries, workplace and athletic trauma, whiplash
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get the latest on news that can impact your health, our specials & new treatments,
news from our community partners that can save you dollars and generally make your life better – and more!